In order to access many of the features of the site, you will need to register. At registration, we collect certain personal information about you. False information will lead to termination of your access rights and you also forfeit any subscription paid.
You agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information as prompted by the sign up process; (b) maintain and update such information so that it is accurate, current and complete at all times. When you register, you certify that the information you have entered is accurate.
WARNING TO UNIVERSITY FACULTY, STAFF AND OTHER PERSONS WITH AN "EDU" ADDRESS WHO ARE NOT STUDENTS:
THIS WEBSITE IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS.
FRAUDULENTLY REPRESENTING YOURSELF AND INFILTRATING THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES AN UNLAWFUL ACT AND WE WILL SEEK LEGAL PROSECUTION.
Any person or entity that enters false information to obtain membership agrees to compensate Collegiate Nation, LLC in FULL for all legal and investigative costs, including court costs -- and is also liable for any damage incurred by others due to their false representation.
1. When you submit personally identifiable information to us, we use your personal information to verify who you say you are. We use your information to properly operate and maintain those features and functions within the site that serve you and to process any flagged activity or correspondence you send to us. Moreover, specific identifying data is simply a necessity in today's fraud saturated world. It enables us to meet our goal to keep CollegiateNation.com private and exclusively for the collegiate world. It makes us different from other websites, and it retains our credibility, appeal and usefulness to you.
3. Our servers may automatically receive and record information about you on our server logs. We may use "cookies" containing anonymous unique identifiers stored in your computer. We do this only in the context of providing you with specific services and features of the Website that you have chosen to use. We do not use this information to track you as an individual or to report your activities.
5. We do not willingly disclose your private information unless it is required by court order or is required to provide you with a service you request. We do not share your personally identifiable information with outside parties.
6. If you do receive unsolicited or spam mail, please report it to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Your name and other relevant information may be displayed to others within the site and also to the General Public. Select privacy settings to exclude them or post anonymously.
8. Your identity may become public through the videos and photos you submit, unless you select privacy settings that exclude others from viewing your Submissions. Even when you post anonymously, your identity may become known to others if they recognize your writing style, your video voice or any other identifiable features and traits. We do our part to protect your privacy. But you must take full responsibility for understanding the limits of technology today and take personal responsibility for not disclosing information you wish to keep private.
9. When you upload text, videos and photo images within our site other members can contact you through messages and comments. In many instances you can set privacy settings so you do not get these messages.
10. Your privacy is enhanced when you select privacy settings that disallow embedding of your videos and limiting access to images and text information to those in your groups or contact list. Ultimately, however, we all know one thing to be true. If you share information with even one person the potential exists for others to gain it. If you want a 100% guarantee that information you upload in videos, photos, and text is not used or seen by others, there is one sure solution: Never upload, never share it.
11. We do not use your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes.
12. We may share your personal information as a last resort to respond to a subpoena, court orders, legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights and defend against claims.
We may be obliged to or deem it necessary or appropriate to disclose your information in certain special circumstances. For instance, as required by federal or state law or corporate and/or personal safety issues. For instance, we may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
But these instances will be strictly vetted. Disclosure of even a snippet of membership data will only occur if no other viable option remains. Your privacy will always be our number one priority.
13. We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, such as firewall and secure socket layers where appropriate.
15. We do not share credit card, debit card, bank account or any other form of financial information with anyone. In fact, we do not have access to this information.